2013 Factory Class Rules
1. The Factory Stock class is a beginner’s class.
If you have less than two seasons in the bomber class
You have not raced in any other class
You have not finished in the top 5 in season points
Then you will qualify for this class. The track manager will have final say weather you qualify or not. The track also reserves the right to over rule any requirements.
2. Absolutely no race cars from other classes are allowed.
3. Factory Stock cars may have an operational horn or sounding device it must be secure and kept in the interior of the car.
4. Factory Stock cars may be passenger cars or station wagons. Tularosa Speedway tech officials must approve any vehicle before it is allowed on the track, so check with the tech officials before you build it. A Whitesands Speedway tech official’s approval to race does not in any way signify that it is safe to race.
5. The vehicle must be two wheel-drive only. It can be either front wheel drive or rear wheel drive.
1. The engine must remain in its stock location and must remain stock internally. The engine must pull a minimum of 13” of vacuum at idle. Compression is 160 psi maximum. The exhaust manifolds must remain stock. Headers are allowed. The exhaust must terminate past the engine firewall in a manner that is parallel to the track’s surface.
2. The driver’s/passenger’s compartment must be separated from the engine compartment with the stock firewall with all the holes covered or plugged with a non-flammable material. The trunk area must be separated from the driver’s/passenger’s compartment with a steel sheet that has no holes and has a minimum thickness of 20ga.
3. All wire and lines routed through any material, in the driver’s compartment, must have grommets, protecting from puncture/ shorts.
1. All glass must be removed from the car (including mirrors).
2. Sharp objects must be eliminated from inside and outside the vehicle.
3. Remove all cast metal, trailer hitches, and chrome (including handles).
4. Bolt or weld doors shut. Trunk lid and hood must be secured by bolts or pins. Interior door and roof panels are to remain intact.
5. All batteries must be in a marine type box complete with appropriate cover. The box must be solidly mounted so as not to move in the event of a rollover. All batteries must be mounted behind the driver, preferably in the trunk.
6. No modifications to the stock suspension are allowed. Air shocks and/or lift kits are illegal.
7. Front and rear bumpers must remain in the stock locations. Bumpers must be strapped to the front fenders and rear quarter panels by flat bar. The flat bar max. size -- ¼” x 2”.
8. American Racer KK704-G60 tires will be allowed. This is the only tire allowed to be groved.
9. Windshield area must be covered with a screen that will allow no objects over ¾” through. Round bars (1/2” max. dia.) to support the screen, running from the bottom of the windshield to the top is required / or an alternate Whitesands Speedway Tech. approved setup.
10. Maximum wheel diameter is 15” and wheels must be stock OEM type.
A maximum 60 series - “street type” tire is allowed.
The tire must have factory installed DOT number.
Absolutely no racing, mud, snow, fancy, exotic, trick, gumball, etc. tires are allowed.
Tire grooving is illegal.
Treating the tires with any compounds while at the race track is illegal.
10. The rear end must be locked either by welding the spider gears or replacing the gears with a commercial locking device.
11. Front inner fender wells may be removed.
12. All cars must have front and rear tow hooks or chains for wrecker hook up.
13. No alterations to the hood, roof, and trunk are allowed.
14. No cross braceing.
1. Stock gas tanks must be located to the trunk area and securely fastened with four (4) straps completely surrounding it. This will be a closely inspected area by Tech. Officials. We recommend racing fuel cells with an anti–rollover valve.
2. Factory Stock class fuel is commercial pump gas only (91 octane max). No performance additives to the fuel are allowed.
3. All fuel lines must be inside conduit or similar material protecting the driver from spray or leak.
1. A four (4) point roll bar in the passenger compartment is a minimum requirement (roll bar with two rear kickers). As of January 1, 2008, all newly constructed cars must have a roll bar and kickers constructed of at least 1 ¾” tubing with a wall thickness of at least .095”. The roll bar must be welded directly to the frame through the floorboard. No square tubing, galvanized pipe, or black iron gas pipe is allowed as part of the roll bar. Diagonal door bars are recommended for both the driver and passenger side. Recommended size is 1 ¾” tubing with a wall thickness of .095”. Steel 1/8" anti-penetration plates are recommended.
1. Each car must have an eighteen (18) inch number on each door and on the roof.
You must get approval from the WSS for your number.
The numbers are assigned at the pit gate upon registration.
The numbers are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
These numbers may range from 0 to 99 only.
The numbers must be a color that clearly contrasts to the color of the car.
Once assigned, you may keep your number as long as you race at Tularosa Speedway.
2. Visiting cars with conflicting numbers must add an “X” to their number.
1. All drivers and passengers must wear a 5-point quick release harness. The harness must not be frayed, chaffed, worn, or torn in any manner. If the harness is attached to the floor pans, the harness mounts must be secured with 3/8” bolts and large -”fender” washers.
2. Helmets must be DOT approved with a minimum rating of Snell SA2000. All drivers and passengers must wear at least a single layer fire suit. A double layer fire suit or Nomex underwear under a single layer fire suit is highly recommended.
3. Rub bars are highly recommended. They may be a maximum size of 1” x 2” rectangular tubing or 1” sch. 40 round tubing and must be attached by carriage type bolts (no hex head bolts). The ends of the rub bars must be tapered. The rub rails may extend from the rear of the front wheel opening to the front of the rear wheel opening. The exterior heads of attaching bolts must be rounded and smooth so as not to tear tire sidewalls.
4. SFI approved neck braces are mandatory and must be worn by both drivers and passengers.
5. Window nets are mandatory for both the driver and passenger.
6. Racing seats are allowed.