2013 STREET STOCK RULES
All modifications are illegal unless authorized. If it is not in the rules it's illegal!!
CAR AND BODY:
1. 1950 OR NEWER American made stock passenger automobile with factory steel top. Sunroofs and T-tops must be reinforced and enclosed.
2. Wheel-base 108 minimum.
3. NO front-wheel drive or rear engine cars.
4. All bodies must be made of steel and be stock appearing. Plastic nosepieces and tailpieces allowed.
5. Full floorboards must remain OEM, intact and visible with a metal firewall separating the driver from the fuel tank and truck area. Trunk areas must be full and intact. May use steel to enclose trunk floor at rebuild.
6. Firewall between engine and driver must be in stock position. All holes must be covered.
7. All glass, plastic, upholstery, rear seat, lights, mirrors, and chrome removed.
8. All doors must be secured shut. (Welded, chained, bolted, etc.)
9. The fenders may be reasonable trimmed for tire clearance only.
10. The front inner wheel wells may be removed.
11. Cockpit MUST remain open (like a stock car). No interior decking allowed.
12. No spoilers, wings, skirts, air scoops or anything that alters the stock appearance of body.
13. All cars must have a racing seat and must be securely fastened to roll-cage, NOT bolted to the floorboard.
14. Battery must be enclosed in a metal battery box if mounted in driver's compartment. No plastic or marine type boxes allowed. No Box is required if battery is mounted in trunk. Battery box must be securely fastened to floorboard or cage.
15. Stock gas tank must be removed. Fuel cell must be in metal container and must be securely fastened inside of trunk area, with a minimum of four straps. Check valve cap or turn over safety vent required.
16. Drive shaft loop is required and must be constructed of at least X 2 steel and should be mounted no more than 6 inches back from front of drive shaft. Drive shaft must be painted white.
17. Brakes on all 4 wheels must work. No brake shut-off devices. May replace original proportioning valve with aftermarket valve, outside drivers compartment. This single valve can be plumbed to control pressure front to rear only. Stock pedal and master cylinder will be mounted in its original location. The pedals can be extended for short legs. Calipers on disc brakes must be OEM steel calipers. Okay front and rear.
18. Weights: All weights must be painted white with car number on them. All weights must be secured by two (2) bolts minimum, inside of car. When weights are fastened to sheet metal they must be backed by X 4 steel strap in equal length to bottom side of weight. No weights allowed in driver's compartment.
19. Cars with a nose piece must have a crushable, inner bumper. Front and rear bumpers may be capped to fender. NO over-strength bumpers allowed.
20. Frames may be X-braced. Unibodies may be tied, rear frame to front frame.
21. All sharp edges, torn fenders, wheels, and body panels are to be repaired prior to next race.
22. No computers allowed. No two-way radios.
23. Weight Rule: Minimum 3000 lbs. with driver after the race. Recommend all cars weigh no more than 3500 lbs.
24. All cars will have accommodation (chain, exposed bumper, etc.) to connect winch truck front and rear.
DRIVERS EQUIPMENT:1. Five point safety belts required, in good working order, plyable with good hardware bolted to cage tubing. Recommend replacement every year. Helmet, fire-suit, neck brace, fireresistant gloves and shoes required, Helmet-snell 2005, or newer, rating required. Window net required.
2. Car number must be clearly marked-18 height and 3 wide stripe. Must also have car # on roof at least 15 height and 3 wide.
3. Quick release steering wheels allowed.
1. Must be O.E.M. original type suspension.
2. Tubular upper control arms will be allowed.
3. All shock absorbers will be attached by factory hardware in original location, and shall not retail for more than $100.00. Shocks may be claimed for $100 each. Claim must be made by car owner or driver within 15 minutes of the completion of the race at the pit steward. Only those who are not in the top 4 for the night may claim a check of someone in the top 4.
4. Quick steer boxes and rated suspension springs allowed.
TRANSMISSION & REAR-END:
1. Transmission must be OEM automatic with torque converter, or disc-type clutch on manual transmission with 16 lb. flywheel minimum. Flywheel, clutch and pressure plate will weigh a minimum of 30 lbs. No coupler or multi-disc clutches allowed. No aluminum flywheels. No miniclutches. No spuds. All flywheels with clutch setups must have scatter shield or blanket. Torque converters will have a minimum diameter of 10 inches. After you win 3 mains, you may be required to remove parts for measurement.
2. No truck rear-ends allowed. 9 Ford rear-ends allowed, but must be mounted like stock rear-end for that make and model. (Five-Bolt Pattern Only.) Locked rear axles only. No limited slip. Floated rear ends are okay, must use solid axles and steel spools. No gun drilled axles.
TIRES & WHEELS:
1. The American Racer KK704 tire is the class tire.
2. Siping and/or grooving allowed. No tire softeners.
3. Steel wheels only. All wheels must have a DOT number to be legal. Wheel must weight at least 21 lbs or more.
4. 7 or 8 inch wheel allowed. Bead lock only on the right rear is allowed.
1. The engine must appear strictly stock for that model and make and in the original location GM-GM, FORD-FORD, etc. Engine set back rule on metric chassis 94 from back of engine block to centerline of rear end.
2. Headers are allowed. NO 180-degree headers.
3. No electrical fuel pumps allowed.
4. Aluminum radiators are allowed.
1. A full perimeter 4 post roll cage with an X-brace in rear must be used. A minimum of 3 -1/ 4 window bars in front of driver, with a 1 halo support welded to center of dash bar.
2. The center post must be mounted no less than 18 and no more than 24 from widest point of driver's front roll cage up-right. A cross bar must be installed in the top of the halo, and be constructed of 1.5 inch (ID) tubing. Driver must have 3 head clearance minimum.
3. Four (4) door bars on the left side and three (3) door bars on the right side of the roll cage must be used. A maximum of 2 X flat strap, or 1 X 2 tubing, skid bars allowed from wheel well to wheel well-must be painted same as car. Skid bars are to be securely fastened with either carriage bolts (smooth head) or machine bolts with the heads capped or recessed flush with skid bar. 1 X 2 box tubing must be tapered and closed at ends at an angle EQUAL TO OR GREATER than 45 degrees. (NOTE: Removal of front, inner door skins allowed for sidebars.)
4. Must have tow hook front and rear. A single front hoop within confines of body and no wider than stock frame rails may be attached to the main roll cage. It is to be parallel to the frame and have a minimum of four (4) uprights. Front hoop not allowed to stick out past hood or fenders.
5. No intentional reinforcement of bumpers allowed.
6. Minimum of .095-thickness tubing of at least 1.666 inch outside diameter for roll cages and door bars required. MAY BE DRILLED FOR INSPECTION.
7. Absolutely no square tubing or galvanized pipe allowed for roll cages.
8. Roll cage must be securely welded to frame. NO SPOTWELDS.
9. Roll cages will be inspected.
10. Fuel cell protection bar mandatory, mounted frame rail to frame rail, no higher than the fuel cell and inside trunk area. Minimum 1.75-inch pipe.
1. 2005 to 2010- -Engine specifications are as follows:
a. 360 cubic inch displacement or less. Compression of 9.5 or less. 1% error.
b. Stock type, stamped rocker arms only. No roller tip rocker arms.
c. Screw-in rocker arm studs are ok. 3/8 studs only with guide plates. No stud girdles of any kind.
d. Polly locks are okay.
e. Must have cast iron two-barrel intake. No acid dipping, no pressure porting, The depth of the plenum will be measured. Deep side- 3.950 max, Short side- 2.030. We expect to see an unmodified runner to the back of the divider, with ribs that stand up .150. We will use a caliper to measure bores and depth. If your manifold measures noticeably large, you must show us more than one manifold that is the same. An unaltered marine cast iron two-barrel intake will be allowed with Vortec heads. You can be disqualified or asked to race with a different manifold.
f. If intake found to be illegal will loose all prize money for that night and points for that season.
g. Flat tappet camshafts, with stock diameter lifters. No roller lifters.
h. Aluminum water pumps & pulleys are allowed.
i. After-market power steering pumps are allowed.
j. Must have cast iron cylinder heads, original valve angle and location.
k. Stock type ignition only. No added boxes or coils. No traction controls.
l. Valve springs: 1.250 maximum diameter, .195 wire, steel retainers, 5 full coils.
m. Crankshafts cannot weigh less than 49lbs. Must install a 1 diameter pipe plug to inspect crankshaft, or remove pan.
n. No titanium anywhere.
o. All Street Stocks will be required to use an MSD Soft Touch rev limiter with a 6,600 rpm maximum chip. Chip must be out of reach of driver. Trying to cheat the chip rule will result in loss of points for the season.
1. All cars must run an OEM two barrel Rochester carburetor or Holley 4412. The Holley 4412 will require Carburetor adapter Speedway part #135-1934. 1 stock OEM carburetor gasket no more than thick under throttle plates. Throttle bore can be no larger than 1.725 and it must have sharp corner at the bottom of the bores, no modification at this point. May ONLY modify Rochester Carburetor. The Holley cannot be modified.
2. Gasoline with no additives of any type. Under hood air filters required.
3. Tracks have the right to swap intake and or carburetor with any competitor after 2nd main event win. Tracks will have stock Chevy and stock Vortec type intake to trade with competitor. Same with Rochester 2 barrel or Holley 4412.